Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Journey to a New World!

My story based on events which none of you could ever expect by just moving to another country. My name is Lin Wen and this is my journey. As I grew in a small village in China named Yanshuo in Guanxi, China. This is a small village in China which there are many commercials but see my father wanted us to become important workers not like the rest of the village. My father worked his way out of China leaving us in this small village. He sent us letters of pictures from New York and other places. I always wanted to go with him but my mom always said not until we are verified and good enough to go. The big news came and I was 9 years old. We are going to America!


My father sent us a letter full of english words. I learned all of them in weeks, I was so excited to go to America and now I know a little english I am ready to go! My mother gave the house to my grandma and left all her stuff in charge with grandma. Mother and I walked to the city then took a train to Hong Kong. We stayed in Hong Kong and it was a dream which I never wanted to wake up. People, entertainment and music was everywhere! This was the first time I even heard a strange man named Bob Marley in a little coffee shop. Time runed out and it was time to travel to America!


We traveled my boat and I hated it. The wobbles, the water and just everything around was so boring. My mother told me that when we get there to never call her mother just call her by her name. I studied my list of english sentences. The most hardest was " I want to go to America to become a laborer and help me from the poorness in China". That sentence did get on my nerves. Now the time has come, we are finally in America! 


We first landed in a small island named Angel Island we were kept here for 3 weeks. I was interviewed so was mom. Wr finally got accepted as if this was a university and now we are in New York. My father and my mother works at a restaurant and I am going to school. School is tuff many people do not accept me. Racism is hard here but we will soon get along and every little thing is going to be allright!



No comments:

Post a Comment